Boars are hostile mobs that spawn in most vegetated biomes.
Boars are based on the wild boar, and come in 4 colors: brown, slightly darker brown, dark brown, and white.
Piglets are always brown in color, with a light brown underside, and light brown and dark brown stripes running down their bodies.
Boars are naturally hostile to players and non-porcine animals that get within 2 blocks away from them; when attacking, they will quickly run at targets and deal 1.75 hearts (3.5 HP) of damage upon contact. When not attacking, they will wander around aimlessly and avoid any natural hazards such as high cliffs or lava; as well as this, they will seek out nearby crops and berry bushes before eating from them.
If two boars in close proximity to each other kill an animal or eat from a crop or berry bush, they will automatically breed. Boars can also be manually bred with carrots, and are bred in the same manner as other vanilla animals (right-clicking with the breeding item); however, they will not follow players holding carrots, and will still attack them if they get close.
It takes 1 day for a piglet to reach adulthood.
- Will now actively seek out crops to eat.
- Will now eat berries from berry bushes (1.14+ only).
- Now immune to bush damage (1.14+ only).
- Now has a 25% chance to spawn as a piglet.
- Piglets now have a custom texture.
- Will no longer attack Hoglins (1.16+ only).
- Boars can be a major early-game source of irritation; while they don't immediately attack on sight and their attacks aren't too strong, they have a penchant for raiding crops and attacking other animals, depriving players of resources and allowing their populations to multiply at a surprising rate.