Deer are passive creatures that spawn in forested biomes.
Deer come in 2 different variants: a brown variant with a tan underside and snout (based on the red deer) and an albino variant. As well as this, they possess a set of large antlers atop their head, which comes in two variants: a smaller set of antlers, and a larger, more branching set of antlers.
Fawns are always brown in color, with a pale brown underside, snout, and speckles, and a noticeable lack of antlers.
Deer are very skittish, and will flee from any player that gets within 7-20 blocks away from them. Otherwise, they act similarly to most other passive creatures, aimlessly wandering around, avoiding any natural hazards such as lava, and running around in a panicked manner upon taking damage. As well as this, when undisturbed, they will occasionally stop moving and lower their head to graze on grass, converting it into dirt.
Deer can be bred with wheat, carrots, apples, golden apples, and golden carrots. They are bred in the same manner as other vanilla animals (right-clicking with the breeding item). As well as this, they will follow any player holding any of the breeding items or a carrot on a stick within a radius of 8 blocks; this is one of the only times they will not flee from a player.
It takes 1 day for a fawn to reach adulthood.
- Now drops Antlers.
- Now occasionally drops a placeable head.
- Added baby deer.
- Hitbox has been increased by 0.2 blocks.
- Now drops a head corresponding with its antler shape.
- Drop rate of heads has been greatly reduced.
- Can now be bred.
- Running animation has been tweaked.
- Will now eat grass.
- Drop rates have been tweaked; deer will now always drop 2 antlers.
- Now has a new model.
- Now has a new albino variant, which occasionally drops its own head.
- Now has a 25% chance to spawn as a fawn.
- Fawns now have a custom texture.
- Can now additionally be bred with golden carrots, apples, and golden apples.