Goats are neutral mobs that spawn in most vegetated biomes.
Goats are based on the domestic goat, and come in 7 color patterns: light brown, white, dark brown, dark brown with a grey face, tail, and feet, white with a brown face, hindquarters, and feet, white with dark brown spots and a dark brown head, and orange-brown with a white face and legs.
Goats will not attack players unless provoked, and, when undisturbed, will wander around aimlessly and avoid any natural hazards such as high cliffs or lava; as well as this, they will occasionally stop moving and lower their head to graze on grass, converting it into dirt. If provoked by a player or another mob, they will run around in a panicked manner for a few seconds, and then lower their head before charging at their enemies, dealing 0.4 hearts (0.8 HP) of damage with each headbutt. If a goat kid is attacked by a player or another mob, any nearby goats will immediately turn hostile towards the player or mob that harmed their kid.
Goats can be befriended with wheat, potatoes, carrots, or beetroot; befriended goats will not follow the player around, but will come to their aid if they are under attack.
Goats can be bred with wheat, and are bred in the same manner as other vanilla animals (right-clicking with the breeding item). As well as this, they will follow any player holding wheat, potatoes, carrots, or beetroot within a radius of 8 blocks.
It takes 1 day for a kid to reach adulthood.
- Now spawns less frequently.
- Health has been buffed from 7 HP to 14 HP.
- Will now eat grass.
- Added a config option for whether goats should dispense regular milk instead of Goat Milk or not.
- Will no longer follow players holding a Carrot on a Stick.
- Now has a 25% chance to spawn as a kid.
- Removed from the mod due to vanilla adding goats (1.17+ only).
- Similarly to the vanilla cows, goats can be milked by right-clicking them with an empty bucket; this yields Goat Milk.