Horseshoe Crabs are passive mobs that spawn in beaches.
Horseshoe crabs are based on the Atlantic horseshoe crab, and and although they always have pale brown undersides with black mouthparts, legs, and book gills, their shells come in 3 different colors: light brown, brown, and black.
Horseshoe crabs are very skittish, and will flee from any player that gets within 7-20 blocks away from them. Otherwise, they act similarly to most other passive mobs, aimlessly crawling around at a a slow pace (indicated by the slow movement of their tails), and avoiding any natural hazards such as lava. As well as this, unlike most mobs, they cannot swim, and will sink in the water; however, they are still capable of moving around in and underwater, and are immune to drowning.
- No longer despawns by default.
- Can now be harvested for Horseshoe Crab Blood with a glass bottle.
- Now has a 25% chance to spawn as a baby horseshoe crab.
- Horseshoe Crab Blood can be harvested from horseshoe crabs by right-clicking them with an empty glass bottle; each harvest deals 0.65 hearts (1.3 HP) of damage to the horseshoe crab.
- Horseshoe crabs behave very similarly to crabs, as they are both slow-moving amphibious mobs that gain a drastic increase in speed when fleeing from players. This is because the two mobs share AI code.
- However, horseshoe crabs are completely passive and do not defend themselves from attackers, whereas crabs retaliate when provoked. As well as this, horseshoe crabs flee from targets slightly slower than crabs do.